Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday October 21st, 10 days away from Halloween

I slept in today.  It felt so good.   I woke up feeling strong. I look thru my sweet gifts, books,caffeine free diet coke and smile.    I placed the paper from the pathologist with my diagnoses on it in the middle of all the beautiful cards I have received, as if to crush it with caring thoughts and prayers.   I am keeping perspective and tapping into my spirituality.   I can totally do this. 

My brother Keith called me today.   He told me he was unable to call me until he was able to keep his emotions in check.  He is dealing with anger right now.   He is an amazing person and does so much work in the community for those who struggle with addictions.  He has many of the inmates at the prison praying for me as well as his large community of friends.  Tonight he is hosting a special sweat in my behalf.   I am honored and look forward to more positive energy. 

Went to work for 6 hours, sent an email out to the staff to explain " my situation ".  I have not shared this blog address with very many folks, no one at work but Colleen. Maybe later I will.................

I love the show Soul Surfer, so Staci, Brielle and I watched it this evening.  It is an inspiring movie and means even more to me now.
I climbed into bed and started to go thru ALL the cancer binders.  I felt my courage waiver as I sifted thru the information.  I don't like night time,  I get terribly frightened at times.   Frightened once again of the unknown.  Where did all my courage & strength go from this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment