Saturday, October 29, 2011

Friday and Saturday October 28th & 29th

Arghhhh.....  2nd time to type this.  Somehow there was a 'conflict' when I tried to post.  Computers!
Paper would not have made me write this twice.
Friday,   Had a long 12 hour day at work, but nice.  Many calls coming in from providers and the hospital. It's amazing how many times you have to give the save information and health history.  Looks like a new decision has been made to place 'expanders' in both breasts in an effort to accomodate making them look closer to the same, well at least in size.  This should be interesting.  Still does not feel real.
Left my office with my calendar turned to December and with a new soft PINK blanket that one of my brand new employees has made me!    People are so nice!!  I really need to learn from all these people.
Surgery said to arrive at hospital @ 0900 and to bring good reading material.  Surgery schedule somewhere between 1200 and 1300.  I have to go in early due to the imaging work that needs to occur first.
This is actually going to be ok.  It allows Halloween parades and trick or treating to occur without interruption.    Sara and Rob are going to man our house for the trick or treaters for Jim and I on Monday night. 

More pink.......  Pink car magnets have now arrived, that Rob ordered.   Ok, so this is how we are dealing with "it".  Support breast cancer awareness!   It's amazing what all you can find to buy.  Anyone wanting a pink ribbon magnet let me know.  I am sure I have extra!  :   )
After arriving home, mom and I took Kendra, Parker, DJ, Rowan and Brielle to the Halloween Display house, then to McDonalds for an ice cream cone.   DJ, Ro and Kaia all spent the night.  Kaia did pretty good with sleeping other than having a large poop around midnight!

Saturday,   Mom brought Parker and Ken over to the house to carve pumpkins.  Well, the kids cleaned out pumpkin guts & drew faces. Jim did all the carving but one scary warty one that mom did.
Sara and Rob came to pick up their kids.  Rob loaded my nano with music to help me enjoy/relax to during my short hospital stay.  They were also able to enjoy some home made hot bread that the Blacks made for us.
Jim and I finished up some end of the season yard work, then went to a movie.   Good to have an excuse for a date night right?
Mom watched Brielle and took her and Ken and Park to a Trunk or Treat party at their ward.  Staci is at a Halloween party tonight.   
I'm feeling good tonight.   I am confident again that the surgery will take care of the problem and be the end of it.    I will look back and wonder what all the worry and fuss was about some day.   :  )

No comments:

Post a Comment