Thursday, November 3, 2011

October 30th Sunday

Today, maybe should have been a hard day, the day before surgery.  Instead it was quite nice.  All my family came over for our usual Sunday dinner after church.  Sara and Rob did the cooking today, which was a huge help with keeping my stress level down and it was WAY Yummy!! Jim is the one struggling with emotions today.  He is my rock, but every once in a while a rock has to weep.  He asked his 12 year old Primary class to keep me in their prayers this week and they were all touched by his vulnerability. Summer was a wreck today as well, she also is my rock, but she is easier to see thru.  

The girls planned a surprise for me today. While I was in on my closet floor switching out summer shoes for winter ones and complaining about 'pink mania fuss' they (and I mean the entire lot of them, boys included) were switching into pink support cancer awareness shirts which they had just recently purchased. When I walked out to the family room, there they were grinning ear to ear with their matching shirts. You just gotta love them!  Of course then I had to sport my new pink shirt and we went out on the front porch, where our cute neighbor Cory did his best to get the wild family to hold still for a new family picture.  



After dinner, Bishop Christopherson, Brother Black, Jim and Dad all gathered around to give me a priesthood blessing.  Dad anointed the blessing and the Bishop gave it.  It meant a lot to me and brought me great peace. I slept well.

No comments:

Post a Comment