Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's Cookie Day! Wednesday Nov. 9th

Stayed home all day without a sitter. I did very well, I might add.

Colleen and Bonnie came my with 1st plate of cookies for the day as well as another amazing dinner for tonight & a beautiful scarf. They stayed and visited for a while. I felt good, so it was nice to visit.

About 1 1/2 hours later, Lucinda, a friend from high school and my old ward came over with a plate of cookies! We also visited for quite a while. It was fun to chat and get caught up with both of our lives.

I had every intention of driving out to get DJ and Ro, which is what I do every Wed. so DJ can attend scouts, when I got a series of phone calls tying me up on the phone for 45-60 minutes. By the time I got off the phone it was too late to drive out. I called Sara and she agreed to bring DJ, Ro and Rachel over for a visit, so DJ could go to scouts. I bribed her with an awesome home made chicken pie  :  ).  I also had very soft chewy brownies and cookies. Brielle wanted to make more cookies, if you can believe it!

After the kids left, I got a visit from a darling neighbor, Jen, who brought..............  Guess what??????
Cookies!!!!  We fortunately are a cookie eating family. Have no fear everyone of these cookies will be eaten.     I think it was Sunday night, my dad brought over cookies as well. Not one has gone to waste.

I am glad I had a good day. It's amazing to me, that the timing of the visitors and cookies worked out so well, with my appetite and energy level. The Codeine is working well. I am only taking 1/2 of a pill @ a time, so I am still being very cautious.

PS
Both Sara and Staci were appalled that I thought I could drive myself around tonight. They think I don't know how loopy I am. I personally was more worried about being sore and moving my arm, than being loopy.

Well, I am now all caught up with my journaling. Yeah! It is probably a good thing I get these long breaks in between bits of life changing news. It gives me time to mentally adjust and more forward with better perspective and strength.  

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

  1. love you Vikki. Wish I was there to bring you a plate of . . . cookies! Barb

    ReplyDelete