Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 15th, Tuesday Jim's Turn for Uncertainity

I called this am and cancelled my appt. with Dr. Chen.   I believe the purpose of the appt. was to pull my JP drain.   The goal was to get the drainage to clear fluid and 15 ml or less per day.   Reality is the fluid is still old blood and 35 to 45 ml's per day.  The JP is still doing it's job and draining the hematoma, albeit I can tell the fluid is getting lighter and the amount is decreasing, but I feel like she will not pull it today, so why go in?     I called the office and asked if I could have an appt. for later in the week.    After a brief Q&A, they agreed to move the appt. to Friday.

Jim has an appt. with a dermatologist today to get a specific sore on the right side of his mustache area checked out.   We are wary of cancer these days!  The blemish/sore refuses to heal over the past 6 months.  The appt. went well, they took a biopsy of this area and freeze dried several area's on his forehead, arms and back.   We will need to wait a week for the results.  Time to wait it out again!

I baby sat Kaia this afternoon, since she has been running a fever she could not go to her usual daycare.  Sara had to take Daemon to his counseling appointment.   Kaia is such a stinker and so smart.  She loves to play in water and to mimic others, especially other children.

I find it amazing how fast the days are going by!

No comments:

Post a Comment