Monday, November 28, 2011

A Week in a Glance November 20-27th

I am feeling stronger every day.  My right arm pit and ROM is still somewhat limiting, but I feel like I am moving forward.   M-W I recollect that I took the days pretty easy.
Kathie Wilde came by for a visit and brought a gift from L&D practice.  It is a battery operated facial cleanser to be used in the shower.  Kathie loves her.  It was pink!  How awesome.  I have been using it faithfully for a week and do really like it.
I dropped off some thank you cards at the hospital with Brielle, on Monday.  We picked out a few tags off the Christmas giving tree.  She and I have gone shopping this week and got the 3 gifts purchased.  Today, Nov. 27th she saw another giving tree at church, so she was excited to pick up a few more tags.  There were notes on a near by poster board, explaining the families we would be helping and their circumstances.  I tried to help her understand how we were helping.    She was excellent at church today, unlike last week.   I did not have the other kids with me today.
Tuesday we heard back from Dermatologist that Jim's biopsy on his face came back basal cell carcinoma.  He will have to have this surgically removed in the doctor's office.  There is no danger that this will spread systemically, but would spread across his facial dermis.   We do not have an appt. for surgery as of yet.
Wednesday, Colleen dropped off an awesome scarf she had knitted, along with some out of this world cooked apples.   I really, really, really liked them!!
We had a small gathering at Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving this year.  9 Adults and 4 kids.  It was extremely yummy. I made rolls, Jim worked on cooking a Turkey outside and hanging Christmas lights.  Cori and her kids came over later, as well as Jaron & Summer, and Rob & Sara and all their group, so we ended up with a houseful, by evening.  Corby is still at odds with the family, so we did not see or hear from him.   I know he was on everyone's mind.  Oh, by the way, it was mine and Kennedy's birthday this year on Thanksgiving, so Happy Birthday to us!!   We celebrated over pumpkin pie!
Staci, Martha and myself went to Target for the mn Black Friday sales.  We waited outside for 1 1/2 hours, weather not bad, thank goodness.   I was impressed how smooth it went and how organized Target was.  I saw two nurse friends at Target as well.   Donna and Jessica.    Mom and sister Staci went to Shopko.  They also had a good experience.  They did not show up until after it opened so they fore went the standing in the cold in line experience.   We then came home and went to sleep around 2:30am     We went back out to Toys R Us and Big 5 around 1100.  I then took Staci and Martha back home.    My mom, sister and I went to lunch, then did a tad more shopping.   Slept good again that night!!!!!
Saturday, my friend and neighbor Marlene called and we went to a local boutique @ Aspen Ridge.  Found a few unique gifts, then turned around and took Mom and Staci back later that day.  Mom got some good idea's for gifts to make.    Jim and I had gift certificates for a movie and dinner that we had been hanging on to for a long while.   We went to dinner at Cheesecake factory, then off to see Breaking Dawn.  
Came home and put up Christmas tree and Nativity.   Yes, my old life is back!!!
Sunday was another beautiful day.   Jim and I went over to the mall in the am, before the stores were opened and walked. Unfortunately I still cannot walk at a very fast pace, but the goal was to try & walk off some off that Thanksgiving dinner you know.   I don't think Jim would say we were very successful.  I was quite distracted with window shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment