Thursday, November 17, 2011

Shopping Day November 16th

Last night I forgot to mention I went to a Relief Society Christmas Social with my mom at her ward.  It was very simple, but good & their Bishop spoke with them.     I got a call just as I was going to leave from my friend Monica inviting me to go to our ward's enrichment night!    That is the 2nd time I have done that!  Gone with mom, instead of supporting my own ward.
I really need to stay more aware of these enrichment activities and make a better effort to support them, socialize and learn from what they offer.

Today, I went shopping.   I have learned how to tuck the JP drain out of sight pretty well and load up on Aleve and 1/2 a codeine and off I go.  My pace is quite slow, I realize when compared to other walkers/shoppers, but slow and steady gets the job done right?
Tomorrow is Staci's birthday and I still need to figure out something for Sharing Time this Sunday.  This Sunday is the Primary Program.  Jim and Rowan are singing a duet, "Teach Me to Walk".   I am in charge of Sharing Time, since I have not helped with the program at all, I feel like this is the least I can offer.

Another awesome friend, Shauna from work came by with a meal and a poinsettia.  She is over the bereavement program at work and has always been a great listener.  Once again, I am in awe of the support I continue to receive.  

Off to shop.  Jim goes with me to the mall.  I have already bought Staci, some ReVital Lash, just looking for a few more items to augment the gift.   I went into the brand new H&M store and end up with a gift certificate.   I bought a silver zippered bag, thru in some socks, lotion and a card and called it good.   The parking at the Fashion Place Mall is getting more difficult all the time!  I wish I could take advantage of a handicap stall today.    Jim needs to get back home to get ready for work, so I drop him off and venture out alone.

Next off to the Deseret Book store and Michaels.  I pick up a DVD and some construction paper.  I found a cute idea for Christmas gifts for the coordinating council @ work and the women I work with in the Primary presidency.    I ran into a old friend, Jeanine Dodge.   She has always been so fun to visit and talk with.  She has retired from the hospital, but is working in home health.  She has a massive bruise on her thigh, arm and face, from trying to help her husband with a trailer.   It was good to see her and visit for a bit.

I fully intended to go next to DSW, the shoe store, but found myself running out of steam & I was quite hungry.   I went home for a quick lunch and rest, then picked up Brielle, DJ and Rowan.  

We ate the dinner that Shauna had brought over, then took DJ to scouts.   Staci went with me and we headed off to Target to get new church shoes for Rowan and Brielle and a birthday present for DJ.

Let's just say, I slept well.    

No comments:

Post a Comment