Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Monday, October 17


            I checked for results from patho all day. No results. Unable to concentrate at work. Still no appetite (chai tea, and half a yogurt). My right nipple has a constant ached/throb/over-stimulated feeling to it.

 My awesome OB dr. called the pathologist herself around 5:00 pm. The pathologist shared with her that he was not complete with his results yet, but it was looking to be non-invasive ductal carcinoma. This is the best news yet. I’m half way there to not needing chemo. Just need to have negative lymph nodes.

Spoke with a dear friend Andrea on the phone tonight who is a breast cancer survivor of 11 years. She earlier had left me a beautiful card and willow statue in my office that greeted me when I walked in this morning, along with an interesting basket full of seasonal gords from Wendy. I also received a breast cancer bracelet from Bonnie which has the words “strength” and “courage” on it. People have been so generous. Multiple cards. Colene and I paraded around in our pink ribbon lapel pins. She’s been extremely supportive as well.  Andrea was very encouraging and made me feel much better about what is going to happen. My surgeon does surgeries on Thursdays and Mondays. I really don’t think I will be having surgery until next week. I see my surgeon tomorrow at 4:00 after working my shift. Hoping for more encouraging news. It doesn’t sound like me to have to have cancer, let alone chemo. I was telling Jim that this diagnosis just doesn’t sound like me so finding out it’s non-invasive sounds more like me. I am not a problem.

Time for another ambien. I need to be at work at 6 am. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so heart breaking! Reading this blog is a part of you I haven't seen before! It so candid and real! When I was younger, though at the time hard for me to accept, you were my mother as well! I learned so much from you. Hearing the news really made me want to slap myself and wish that things would have been different, made me wish that I had never not been around! Made me appreciate your role in my life! Sad that this is what made me realize all of this. But I really just want you to know that I think you are such an amazing and strong women! I know that I haven't been good at showing my love, but I want you to know that I love you and always have! You were the closest person to a mother I had and I wish I would have realized that sooner! Thank you for everything! You are in my thoughts! With love- your extra daughter, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete