Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tuesday Oct. 25th

Happy Birthday Keith!!  Hope your day was a good one.

Took the day off work so I could get a pre-operative MRI done and meet with the plastic surgeon.
Had to have an IV for the MRI which I was not expecting or wanting.  I hate IV's, I know I place them all the time, but like I've always said, I would much rather be the nurse than the patient.  Luckily they got the vein in one stick.    Now I'm obsessing over the thought of the IV on Monday. 
The MRI took 45 minutes and I was in a rather strange position, which I would rather not elaborate on.  I keep my eyes closed and try to go another place in my head.

Ran home and met up with sister Staci and mom, then off to see the plastic surgeon.  Her office was very tastefully done.  Very high tech.   I am use to the industrial sameness of all the Intermountain offices so it was  a nice change. The Physician was very professional and a good listener.  I am being a minimalist with the reconstructive work.  She did offer an option of the latest and greatest, but I am more interested in minimal surgery and fast recovery.    Looks like I was dreaming when I thought this could all be taken care of in one surgery.   Get rid of the time bomb and come out with a new breast.     Oh no, not that simple.    I will have an 'expander' placed for 3 months, then go back in regular intervals to have the expander 'tanked up" via a port.  After 3 months I return for the implant.   Then later go back for a nipple surgery,  then later go back for fat deposits around the implant.    And this is the simple version.      Medicine is so interesting!
 After the appt. went out to a yummy lunch to the Asian Star.    
Came home and worked on paperwork both for surgery and PCA schedule for work. 
Had a good night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment